The original plats of the east-west streets of Loveland, CO. were assigned numbers, beginning with 1st Street on the south, and extending to 14th Street on the north. Fourteenth Street was renamed Eisenhower Boulevard (also known as U.S. Highway 34).
The north-south streets in Loveland were originally assigned letters, but around 1910 the street designations were replaced with avenues named for United States Presidents and other well-known figures in history. For example, A Street was renamed “Lincoln Avenue”, and B Street was relabeled “Cleveland Avenue”. One exception to this naming convention was C Street, paralleling railroad tracks, which was renamed – appropriately – “Railroad Avenue”.